Friday, 23 July 2010

Corruption from my I

For many months this topic keeps coming in my mind like a spark of light and then goes off.I think sometimes What is Corruption ? Is it actually only about breaking Rules for self interest ? Is it only about taking and giving bribes ??? Or is it more.

Other day i was going on my bike and a traffic police guy stopped me and asked if i have all valid papers like license and all even though i showed him all valid papers he kept demanding various other papers related to bike. Obviously it was not a routine check for getting hold of criminals nor it was for helping me be a better citizen and why i say so is after a while i realised its Friday and the guy actually stopped to get hold of some money for his weekend.
I didn't want to pay him but then like it happens in most of the cases i thought its better off to pay and go rather than going in some argument. I came back home and thought what i did ?
1. I bribed somebody
2. I helped him promote corruption

but then if i did that .. am i not corrupted then? What is the root cause of corruption ? Do we realise what are we doing to our world by promoting corruption ? I feel sorry for our children for whom we have corruption as a gift to give.

Can we ever remove this stigma from our society or for that sake do even want to remove it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment